Since April, many users have started to notice that Windows 10 is getting into a sleep cycle regularly. Sometimes, the wake up cycle even caused a reboot. Microsoft has confirmed that this is a side effect, but it still has not explained what is causing it.
Microsoft has announced the release of PowerToys for Windows 10, which will give users the ability to manage some of their Windows 10 settings without having to fully log out. PowerToys is a feature by Windows that allows users to turn on and off a variety of features in Windows 10 from within the Settings app. The feature is designed to make it easier for users to manage their settings without having to fully log out of Windows and log back in.
If you want to keep your Windows 10 PC or laptop awake but not in active mode, use ‘PowerToys’ to prevent the system from sleeping – use it when you need to be productive without losing data.
Vlad Turiceanu Editor-in-Chief
Passionate about technology, Windows and anything with an on/off button, he spends most of his time developing new skills and learning more about the world of technology. With a strong background in personal computing,… Read more
- Microsoft has released a new update for PowerToys that includes an interesting feature.
- With the new patch, the software can prevent PCs from going into sleep mode by forcing them to stay awake for a certain amount of time.
- A few hours later, a new update was released to resolve the conflict between PowerToys and Bitdefender.
- This article contains all the important changes the program received after the patch was applied.
You should know that Microsoft has just released a new update for PowerToys that includes a new wake-up tool that prevents your PC from falling asleep.
PowerToys 0.41.2 also includes some stability improvements, accessibility enhancements and more.
Microsoft introduces new awareness tool for PowerToys
The Awake tool allows you to prevent Windows 10 devices from going into sleep mode.
It allows the user to keep a PC in standby indefinitely or for a predetermined period of time during which the operating system should not switch to a low-power mode.
The Redmond-based tech company says this feature is more than just a convenient way to wake up our screens when needed.
And for those interested in the full list of changes in PowerToys version 0.41.2, we have everything you need:
- Removed support for long press Win to activate in the shortcut guide.
- Magnetic binding of the FancyZones Canvas editor disabled to ensure keyboard support.
- Updated the GIF for color selection in OOBE.
- The obsolete MSIX code has been removed.
- Update all projects to Modern WPF 0.94
- Module API support for saving settings failed
- Remove dependency on Winstore
- Improved auto-update function in PowerToys settings
- General fault information updated for greater reliability
- Improved presentation of selector group settings. Updated graphics and menus for OOBE.
- Post updates
- New Awakening Relief Program! Experienced users can now run their computer on demand without having to manage power settings.
- Improved scaling function for color picker.
- Prevent duplicate colors from appearing in the selection history
- Improved user interface to better support keyboard navigation.
- Description of the corrected OOBE hotkey.
- Full keyboard support for the main window and canvas editor context.
- New support for faster layout selection by double-clicking on the desired layout in the editor to automatically apply it and delete the editor.
- The new zone activation behavior allows the user to associate a window with the zone whose center point is closest to the cursor.
- Added a process icon for FancyZones.
- Fixed problem with minimized window zoning.
- Many accessibility bugs fixed
- This is now an independent exe, separate from the runner process.
File management add-ons
- The behavior of the new rule in Markdown has been modified to be less restrictive, so that the extension behaves more like the GitHub
Image Resizer implementation.
- Fixed bug with Custom Size option where height/width value resulted in output of 1 x 1 square pixels. The empty value is now automatically adjusted to the specified height/width.
Change image size
- Fixed bug where specifying the width but not the height created a 1×1 px image instead of automatically adjusting the height.
- Fixed error in file explorer when running PowerRename
Settings/ Welcome to PowerToys
- Corrected binding information in the colour picker
Quick Start Guide
- Configuring the key connection via the configuration menu
- Exclude the Quick Start Guide from the boot process to eliminate unnecessary dependencies.
- Update .NET Core dependency to version 3.1.15
- Reduces network traffic by preventing the updater from downloading files if they are already cached.
New maintenance update, a few hours after the release of patch
Interestingly, just a few hours after the release, the PowerToys team offered users another update that would fix the serious problem.
The problem was that PowerToys was still misclassified as malware by Bitdefender’s antivirus software.
Therefore, Microsoft has recommended that users install version 0.41.3 to resolve this issue.
Did you update your PowerToys as well? Let us know if you experience any problems in the comment section below.
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussionIf you have a new PC and happen to have Windows 10 installed, you might have noticed that it can be quite a struggle to make it go to sleep when it is idle. I have a Windows 10 machine as well, and it is actually quite annoying to have it constantly wake up. So a friend of mine showed me this little bit of software called PowerToys, and it is actually pretty cool. PowerToys is a small utility software that you can download for free, and it turns off the ability of Windows 10 to go into sleep mode if you let it idle for a certain amount of time.. Read more about windows 10 1909 sleep issues and let us know what you think.
windows 10 auto sleep problemwindows 10 1909 sleep issueswindows 10 sleep mode settingswindows 10 won t sleep 2020enable sleep mode windows 10 registryhow to prevent windows from going to sleep,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to prevent windows from going to sleep,windows 10 auto sleep problem,vba prevent machine from entering sleep/standby mode,how to keep programs running in sleep mode windows 10,windows 10 1909 sleep issues,windows 10 sleep mode settings,windows 10 won t sleep 2020,enable sleep mode windows 10 registry