Ever since Samsung launched its latest flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S8, there have been reports of Wi-Fi issues plaguing the device. This is strange, considering the fact that it is one of the world’s most robust smartphones and is already one of the most popular on the market.
I have been using the Samsung Galaxy S8 for over a month now, and this is my in-depth review of the phone. I have decided to do my review as a more in-depth technique and explain why the phone is not as good as it seems.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S8, then you have probably noticed that it has some Wi-Fi issues. We have some solutions to help you fix these problems.If you are experiencing problems with Wi-Fi on your Samsung Galaxy S8, you have come to the right place. Wi-Fi problems in Samsung Galaxy S8 can be caused by many factors. Here are the most effective solutions to get rid of these problems. Let’s get to the heart of the matter. See also: Enable Smart Stay on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- Manual: How to fix Wi-Fi issues in the Samsung Galaxy S8
Manual: How to fix Wi-Fi issues in the Samsung Galaxy S8
- On the Home screen, press and drag up or down to view all applications.
- Go to settings
- Select Wi-Fi
- Press the Wi-Fi switch to turn on or to turn off
- You can also press Air mode and then turn on Wi-Fi.
Samsung is aware of the Wi-Fi problem that users are experiencing. It has been announced that the software update will fix the issue that users have been experiencing. If you are experiencing problems, try updating your device.
- On the home screen, go to Settings
- Scroll down and select About phone
- Look for the software update or system update above.
- Click on it.
- Your device needs to be updated.
Restart the device
Restart the device if you have problems with Wi-Fi. This is the first step you need to take. This is a simple diagnosis that can be performed if you are familiar with the technique. Press and hold the power button for a few seconds to turn the device on or off.
Reboot the modem and router
If the previous solution did not work, reboot the modem or router. After performing this action, the problem should be solved.
- Press the power switch on the modem or router.
- Unplug the router or modem.
- Wait 15 to 20 seconds and then plug it back in.
- Leave it on for a minute or two.
Another solution is to forget the network. You can then try to add the network again.
- Click on Settings.
- Once you are on the Network Connections screen, select Wi-Fi.
- You must turn Wi-Fi on or off.
- Click the Forget button for the network you no longer wish to connect to.
- The Wi-Fi network you were connected to is forgotten.
- Wait a few seconds and then press network.
- Re-enter the password and reconnect to the network.
Changing DNS settings
Your network may be the cause of the problem, and changing your DNS settings can help restore your Wi-Fi connection.
- Access to general settings
- Select the Wi-Fi menu
- Identify the Wi-Fi network you are currently using
- Press the Forget key
- Press the same Wi-Fi network name again.
- Enter the password when prompted
- Scroll down the list until you find Advanced Settings and press it.
- Select the IP settings option
- Change the status from DHCP to Static
- Scroll down to the fields with DNS 1 and DNS 2.
- Enter the desired DNS addresses
- Press the Join button when finished
Performing a factory reset
If the above solutions do not help, perform a factory reset. This should be your last resort. Be sure to back up important data as it may be lost after a factory reset.
- Turn off the unit.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Keep pressing the buttons until the recovery screen is displayed.
- Press the volume key to delete data/reset.
- Press the power button to select the highlighted option.
If you use any of the solutions in the guide that shows how to fix Samsung Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi issues, the problems should be resolved. If not, leave a comment below. We will help you and give you further instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my Samsung S8 keep losing WiFi connection?
Some Samsung Galaxy S8 users experience a common problem where their device suddenly loses its internet connection. This happens regardless of whether you’re in a WiFi hotspot or not, and can even happen when you’re not using the internet at all. It is important to note that this is a hardware issue and can not be fixed with software, nor can it be caused by an app or operating system. In my days as a computer technician, I’ve witnessed my share of wifi connections go bad, or simply stop working. That’s basically the normal state of affairs with most devices and routers. What usually happens is that the device or router you’ve got stops working, and this is caused by some sort of hardware failure.
How do I fix my WiFi connection on my Galaxy S8?
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a great phone, but its WiFi functionality is a bit wonky. The whole process of setting up a new router, choosing a new modem, and configuring the new devices are all extremely time consuming, and WiFi connection stability can be a bit spotty. Here are some tips on how to fix your WiFi connection and get rid of the dreaded dead spots in your home. We all know that WiFi will be the central communication network in the future . We all also know that WiFi is easy to set up and even easier to break. After all, it’s just a bunch of router signals bouncing off a bunch of routers and into our homes. Even if you know what you’re doing, it’s still easy to make mistakes.
Why does my Samsung phone keep losing WiFi connection?
While most Samsung Galaxy S8 owners will tell you that the phone is great, it does suffer from one major flaw. That flaw is the Wi-Fi connection. On numerous occasions, many owners have reported that their S8 has lost its Wi-Fi connection. There are several reasons why this could happen, including: The connection suddenly goes out, The phone automatically switches to mobile data as it tries to connect to a Wi-Fi network, The router is not working properly, or The phone and router have simply become incompatible. Whatever the case may be, the solution to fixing these Wi-Fi issues is simple: restart the device. I don’t know about you guys but I have a lot of family and friends that are Samsung phone fanatics; they won’t even consider another brand. It’s almost like they carry a badge of honor around with them. A few weeks ago I decided to try out a new Samsung phone; the Samsung Galaxy S8. I chose the phone for its slim design and attractive color options. After trying to set up the phone I found that the phone kept losing its connection to my wireless home network. I lost a lot of data and had to do a factory reset to get it working. But here’s the thing; even after a factory reset the phone kept losing its connection. When I asked around to see if anyone else had this issue I
Feedback,samsung s8 keeps disconnecting from wifisamsung galaxy s8 plus wifi problemssamsung galaxy s8 unresponsive screengalaxy s8 won't stay connected to wifigalaxy s8 no internet connectiongalaxy s8 poor wifi signal,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,samsung s8 keeps disconnecting from wifi,samsung galaxy s8 plus wifi problems,samsung galaxy s8 unresponsive screen,galaxy s8 won't stay connected to wifi,galaxy s8 no internet connection,samsung s8 wifi and bluetooth not working,galaxy s8 poor wifi signal,galaxy s8 not connecting to network