Do you know what Blue Tint On Monitor is? Read the article in full to find out.
The monitor is one of the most essential parts of our home, as we use it almost every day, it’s not possible to forget it. You can’t even imagine how much time we spend in front of it, it’s our best friend. But sometimes you can see that your monitor has a blue tint and it will make your work more difficult. But don’t worry, you can fix this problem completely.
What is Blue Tint On A Monitor?
Blue Tint is a characteristic of all CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) monitors and it is a result of phosphor coating. You can see blue tint on almost all CRT monitors but there are exceptions, for example, most flat-panel displays do not have a blue tint. A Blue tint on a monitor is the reflection of light from the environment. In this way, the monitor can be easily damaged. If you look at your computer screen for a long time then it may cause damage to your eyes.
The reason behind this is that the human eye can’t see the color that is reflected from the light of the environment. For example, if you look at the sun rays or a lamp then it will reflect in the form of blue color. If you look at the sun rays or a lamp then it will reflect in the form of blue color.
The same thing happens with the monitor. If you look at the monitor for a long time then it may cause the monitor to your eyes. You need to keep your monitor away from the direct sunlight and always keep it in a well-lit place. Blue Tint is a very useful feature of a monitor as it gives you an idea about the health of your monitor. If the blue tint is absent or very light in color then your monitor is working properly otherwise it needs to be replaced.
Let’s talk about the health of your monitor: As I said earlier, if the blue tint is present in a light blue or white color then your monitor is healthy otherwise it needs to be replaced. But, there is a problem with this: Most people don’t know what color “blue” represents when it comes to monitors. Let me tell you something, all monitors have three different types of “blues” and they are represented by different RGB (Red-Green-Blue) codes.
Let us take an example: Let’s say you are using a monitor with code #FFFFFF (white) and the blue tint is present in the color #00FFFF (light blue). If you compare this code with the RGB codes of a pure blue (code #0000FF), then you will find that these two codes are similar but not the same. This means your monitor has some blue tint but it is not as dark as a pure blue.
Why do we have a blue tint on the monitor?
This is the most common problem faced by computer users because when we are using the computer we will be looking at the screen. So, it is very common that if your screen is blue, it will create a negative impression on your eyes.
If you don’t know what causes a blue tint on the monitor, then here are some reasons that may lead to it.
- High Contrast: High Contrast will make your monitor blue. For instance, if you use a laptop or computer at night time, then the blue tint will be more visible.
- Low Resolution: If your resolution is low, then it will also cause a blue tint. This is because the low resolution will make the colors on your screen very bright.
- Too Much Brightness: If you have increased the brightness of your screen, then it will also cause a blue tint.
- Use of Screen Filter: Screen filter will also cause a blue tint on the monitor. If you are using a screen filter, then it will not let the light pass through it. It will just reflect the light and this will also cause a blue tint on the monitor.
- Blue Screens of Death: Blue screens of death will also cause a blue tint on the monitor. The screen will get damaged and it will show a blue screen.
- Color Correction: Color correction will also cause a blue tint on the monitor. If you are using color correction, then the colors on your screen will be distorted.
- High Temperature: If your computer is having a high temperature, then it will also cause a blue tint on the monitor. This is because the heat will be trapped in your computer.
- Dust: Dust is one of the most common causes of blue tint on the monitor. If you don’t clean your screen regularly, then the dust will collect on it.
- Overheating: If your computer is overheating, then it will also cause a blue tint on the monitor.
- Software Issues: Software Issues can also cause a blue tint on the monitor. For instance, if there is a problem with your driver, then it will cause a blue tint on the monitor.
So, to remove it, you can try the following solutions mentioned below.
How To Fix The Blue Tint On The Monitor?
Are you facing a blue tint on the monitor issue? If yes, then it is a very common problem for every computer user, and it seems that it is not going to get solved. But, there is a solution for this issue and you just need to follow the steps that I am going to share with you in this post.
Change The Color Depth Of Your Monitor
You need to change the color depth of your monitor and that can be done easily with the help of Display settings. There are three options for the color depth that you can choose from:-
- 32-bit color depth: This option has been used for years and this option allows you to see more colors on your monitor. But this option is quite expensive.
- 24-bit color depth: This option is the most common one and it is cheaper than the other option.
- 16-bit color depth: This option is the best for your monitor, but it requires a high resolution and that is not suitable for old monitors.
If you are facing a blue tint on the monitor issue, then I am sure that you will try the 32-bit option, but if you have tried this option and you are not satisfied with the results, then you can try the next solution.
When you are setting up your computer, you should always pay attention to the details. You should plug all of your cables properly. You should also make sure that your monitor is connected to the video card properly. You should also check the menu to find the color settings. Make sure that they are set to the default values. Resetting the monitor to the default settings can help you to eliminate the blue tint. If this doesn’t work, you should try to connect your monitor to another PC. This can help you to find the issue.
Check Static Electricity
When you buy a new computer monitor, it comes with a clear protective covering over the screen. This is so the monitor will not get scratched when you put the computer case or the monitor stand on the desk. However, this “protective covering” has a strange effect on computer monitors.
It causes a blue (or green or yellow) tint to appear on the screen whenever the computer is turned on. This is called the “static electricity” problem and it can cause all kinds of problems for your PC. In some cases, it can even cause your monitor to explode!
Here’s how to fix the static electricity problem: First, turn off your PC. Then, remove the protective cover from the back of the monitor. Now, gently shake the monitor back and forth. This should take care of the problem. If that doesn’t work, you may have to unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor and then replug it. Also, you may have to unplug the power cord from the wall socket, wait a few seconds and then replug it.
Adjust The Brightness And Contrast
You need to adjust the brightness and contrast of your monitor and that can be done easily with the help of Display settings. There are three options for the brightness and contrast that you can choose from:-
- Auto: It will automatically adjust the brightness and contrast of your monitor, but it may not work for some users.
- Manual: You need to manually adjust the brightness and contrast of your monitor.
- On: You need to turn on the monitor to set the brightness and contrast.
Try Adjusting The Night Light Mode
You can adjust the Night light mode in your Windows PC if the monitor is not working properly. If you are having a blue tint on the screen, it means that the blue color of the monitor is not visible. The color of the monitor has a blue tint because of the bad light. This is the reason why you can’t see the screen properly. The blue tint is caused by the monitor’s built-in light. The blue tint is very common for some people and can be frustrating too. To fix this problem, you need to adjust the night light setting on your monitor.
You can just follow the below steps:-
- Right-click on your Windows PC and open the display settings.
- Go to the Night light option.
- Then press on the Night light settings.
- There you will find Slider; you can reduce the blue tint on the monitor as per your requirements.
Now you know what blue tint on monitor is and what it means if your monitor has it or not. But, as I said earlier, many people don’t know what it is and they get confused with it. The concept of how you can fix the blue tint on the monitor has been clearly explained in this post. If you are facing a blue tint on the monitor issue, then I am sure that you will try all the methods that I have suggested in this post.
I hope these tips will help you to get rid of the blue tint on the monitor. I have also shared with you how to remove the blue tint on the monitor completely. I think it’s better to call the technician if you are facing any problems. So, try to follow these tips and you will be able to fix the blue tint on the monitor.
So, now you know what blue tint is on a monitor. I hope you liked this post and now won’t get any problem with the blue tint on your monitor. If you have any questions or want to share something, feel free to ask and comment.